Saturday, June 30, 2012

Upward


liuyang long and xuxin

me and liuyanglong

me and xuxin
They have that cartoon, you know, called "Up."  Its about that old man and little boy who float off to South America in a house held up by helium balloons.  Its time for me to move up again.  And I feel little sad about it.

I have lived in China now for about two months.  I've moved only once; I moved from the Hostel to the family I have been staying with.  Their names?  I think I already introduced them: 刘杨龙 and 徐欣。They are my friends now and I will miss them.  I will miss them because when you are in a foreign place, a place where the culture is a little weird, the language is hard, and the food is just strange, then you grasp on to your friends.  They have been there for me here in China--cooking me dinner, teaching me new words, and laughing at my pronunciation.  I taught them how to play California Speed, and they taught me how to play Chinese Chess.  I taught them how to make hamburgers,and they taught me how to make Ramen Noddles....Chinese style.  I taught them about real cowboys, and they taught me how to say jokes in Chinese.  I showed them that Americans can be courteous and open, and they showed me that Chinese people can be the kindest people in the world.  So I will miss them, and move upward.  The world is full of people like this, the whole----GIANT-----world.

Next stop:  Shanghai.


3 comments:

  1. Aw, they look super nice! How sad to leave your new friends, but can't wait to hear the next chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a blast!

    There was a time that I was really struggling with leaving friends. One of them told me that friendships are also for ever. Long story. But, it meant a lot to me.

    Like Hannah, I'm excited for your next chapter. SWEET!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adventure. What memories. Make as many as you possibly can . . .good ones that is. Love your heartfelt post.

    ReplyDelete